Mental Health Myths BUSTED – Shrinking It Down
Mental Health Myths BUSTED – Tune in wherever you get your podcasts. Just search for “Shrinking It Down.”
Welcome back to Shrinking It Down – because mental health is anything but simple! What better way to launch Season 5 than by busting some mental health myths?
In this episode, co-hosts Dr. Gene Beresin and Dr. Khadijah Booth Watkins check in with each other after the summer break, and then share the facts on some common misconceptions about depression and anxiety, violent video games, “bad” parenting, and more.
Thanks for joining! We hope our conversation will help you to have yours.
- Gene Beresin, MD, MA
- Khadijah Booth Watkins, MD, MPH
- Mental Health Myths: BUSTED (MGH Clay Center)
- Myth Busters (Discovery+)
- 3-2-1 Contact (IMDB)
- When Teens Talk of Suicide: What You Need to Know (MGH Clay Center)
- Bipolar Disorder and the Arts: Mark Vonnegut’s Story (MGH Clay Center)
- What If My Child Has Depression? (MGH Clay Center)
- Game Reviews (Common Sense Media)
- What If My Child Has an Anxiety Disorder? (MGH Clay Center)
- Social-Emotionally Supporting Your Child In a Pandemic School Year (Canada Talks, Sirius XM)
- Exercise for Stress and Anxiety (Anxiety & Depression Association of America)
- Nutrition and Mental Health: It’s More Complicated Than You Think (MGH Clay Center)
- Anxiety to Agency: Empowering Kids to Address Climate Change (MGH Clay Center)
Episode produced by Sara Rattigan
Music by Gene Beresin
Was this post helpful?
Your monthly dose of the latest mental health tips and advice from the expert team at The Clay Center.Subscribe