Self-Care for Resilience – Shrinking It Down
Tune in wherever you get your podcasts – just search for “Shrinking It Down.”
Did you know Ellen enjoys boxing for self-care, and that Gene depends on daily interactions with his dog, Bear? This week is Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week! What better way to celebrate than by focusing on self-care, and on building resilience in young people from the earliest ages? When we help them work self-care into their routines now, they’ll have it to fall back on as they enter adulthood.
Self-care can mean different things depending on the stage of child development, family dynamics, and more. Gene and Ellen talk through it all in today’s episode. Thanks for joining in the conversation. What do you do for self-care? E-mail us!
- April 2019 Saw The Most Days With Rain In Boston Since 1872 (WBUR)
- National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day (SAMHSA)
- Association Between the Release of Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why and Suicide Rates in the United States: An Interrupted Time Series Analysis (Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry)
- Investigating harmful and helpful effects of watching season 2 of 13 Reasons Why: Results of a two-wave U.S. panel survey (Social Science & Medicine)
- Self-Care in High School – Video (MGH Clay Center)
- Self-Care in Middle School – Video (MGH Clay Center)
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Self-Care and Stress Management Resources (MGH Clay Center)
Episode produced by Sara Rattigan
Music by Gene Beresin
Was this post helpful?
Your monthly dose of the latest mental health tips and advice from the expert team at The Clay Center.Subscribe