All About ADHD: Behavior, Medication, CBT and More – Shrinking It Down
Today’s episode of Shrinking It Down is all about ADHD. We revisit some of the most helpful conversations we’ve had with clinical experts about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in kids and teens. First, we talk through what ADHD really is with Dr. Ellen Braaten, including the three different types of ADHD and how the behavioral signs can show up differently in different kids. We take a closer look at the use of medication for ADHD with Dr. Timothy Wilens, including when medication can be most useful as a treatment for your child, and when it probably isn’t needed. And we learn more about Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) from Dr. Susan Sprich, and how it can be a helpful part of a child’s, or an adult’s, ADHD treatment plan.
Please tune in! We hope that our conversation helps you to have yours.
Media Resources List
- ADHD: Ways to Support Your Child at Home (MGH Clay Center PDF)
- Ellen Braaten, PhD, Executive Director, MGH Learning & Emotional Assessment Program
- Timothy Wilens, MD, Chief, MGH Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Susan Sprich, PhD, Director, MGH Psychology Training, Co-Clinical Director of Psychology
- Does My Child Have ADHD? Things to Consider (Clay Center TV, YouTube)
- Q+A: Is ADHD Overdiagnosed? (MGH Clay Center)
- Understanding ADHD full episode, with Dr. Braaten (MGH Clay Center)
- Medications: For Better or Worse? full episode, featuring Dr. Wilens (MGH Clay Center)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy full episode, featuring Dr. Sprich (MGH Clay Center)
- More ADHD Resources for Families (MGH Clay Center)
- ADDA Virtual Support Groups (Attention Deficit Disorder Association)
Tune in wherever you get your podcasts! Just search for “Shrinking It Down.”
Music by Gene Beresin
Episode produced by Sara Rattigan
Was this post helpful?
Your monthly dose of the latest mental health tips and advice from the expert team at The Clay Center.Subscribe
shrinking it down